Hair is considered to play an integral role in defining a person’s personality and characteristics. It is held at a high value by many people, with people all over the world doing everything from surgeries to daily hair care routines to maintain healthy hair.
This is why, balding and other hair conditions can be a major upsetting factor for many, as it can cause low-self esteem and damage a person’s confidence. No matter what the cause of hair loss, be it genetics or other conditions, there are many solutions in today’s world.
Pune, a metropolitan city in India, is home to some of the best hair specialists and has many facilities that provide expert hair care. Hair transplants in Pune are also considerably more cost-effective while providing expert services, a high level of skill and care.
Hair transplants have negligible probabilities of risk and no major side-effects are noticed, given that it is performed by a specialist. This procedure is amazing to solve all your hair problems and bring back life to your hair and confidence.
6 Things to Consider Before Getting The Surgery
Like all surgeries, hair transplants also come with their list of prerequisite terms and conditions. There is also a need for post-surgery care and routine check-ups. This is why knowing a few facts before you consider the surgery will benefit you.
- Right Candidate: It is important to be aware of whether you are an appropriate candidate for hair transplants. Dermatologists recommend that any person waits till a minimum age of 35 before considering the surgery.
A person with stabilized hair loss is considered to be the perfect candidate to get the transplant done since it doesn’t stop hair loss progression.
It is advised that one wait get to this phase of hair loss and not to consider the procedure right after the hair loss commences. This is because it could lead to accelerated hair loss.
- Hair transplant is a treatment, not an enhancer: If you’re considering this surgery with the idea that it will help your hair grow better and thicker than before, you’re in for a surprise. It is important to remember that every person has different regrowth patterns.
Your hair transplant surgery depends on the quality of hair you have on the specified donor area. Getting a hair transplant only returns hair that you already had and will negate the effects of balding. However, it cannot give you a head full of lush, dense hair if you’ve got fine, thin hair to begin with.
- Transplanted hair can be considered as normal hair: Once your transplanted hair starts growing, you can consider it to be the same as your natural hair. You can inculcate the same hair care routine, style it in the same manner, and care for it like how you would your normal hair.
However, during the post-surgery care process, you will have to treat it like a healing wound. You don’t have to worry about how it handles different treatments as well, because if your normal hair can handle them so can the transplanted hair.
- Hair transplants are permanent: It is best to explore different styles or techniques to improve your hair before trying the surgery. This is because a hair transplant is a surgical, restorative technique that is used to cure your hair loss and protect your scalp from certain conditions.
Since hair and skin are lifted off a donor site and used to cover the bald spots, the process is pretty much irreversible. You cannot do a trial process with this either and your entire head or patches will be covered at one stretch. Once you start the process, you will also have to sit through all the stipulated sessions and cannot quit halfway.
- The emergence of hair: Transplanted hair does not fall out and once regrowth has commenced, it becomes a part of your scalp. The new hair will appear anywhere after four months of the surgery.
After the 8 month mark, your hair growth would have emerged up to 80% of the way. Around the crown, however, growth can take more time. Following your surgeon’s protocol and post-surgery care is the best way for you to know if everything is going according to what you expected.
- Post-surgery precautions: While planning to get your surgery, it is essential to keep in mind that the post-procedure care will take up at least two weeks of your time. It requires several days for your scalp to rest and heal, at which time you will have to take extensive care.
It is highly important to plan out your post-surgery precautions and time it well so you will not have to step out of your house and expose your fresh scalp to any form of pollution.
You will also need to cover your head with light clothes, shawls, or caps that are completely disinfected. This is because the scalp and follicles are extremely fragile and exposing them to harsh conditions might cause complications.
If you’re still considering getting hair transplants in Pune, remember to consult an expert and take your time with the process. You can book a consultation and check if you are eligible as well as ask any questions you might have about the process.