The importance of proper moisture for the skin can’t be denied, and a lot of us want our skin to look good and healthy and have that wonderful glow. But you can’t achieve this if your skin is dry or has problems or issues such as pimples or acne – and without the proper nourishment coming from a proper moisturiser and other essential products for skin care, your skin can look tired and drawn, and this can even affect your mood and self-esteem. But there are some sure things you can do to make your skin look younger and firmer and glowing as well – and these things need not be too difficult to remember, either. Would you like to really know the ultimate secret to better skin? Here’s how you can help keep your skin moisturised: top tips.
Things to remember
- Be mindful of water temperature whenever you bathe, shower, or wash your face. Hot water can be relaxing, but it isn’t often good for the skin. If you want your skin not to be too dry, take a shower for a shorter period and use warm water instead of hot. You will see the difference in your skin in no time.
- Once you are finished with your bath or shower, you should also pat your skin dry rather than rub it dry. When you gently pat your skin dry, your skin can retain its natural oils and moisture, and this will help seal in your moisturiser as well.
- Here’s another thing we should all do but often forget to pay attention to – drink more fluids. Water is definitely good for the skin, and if you want your skin to have a good glow and sheen, the moisture within your body from drinking lots of water or fluids can help. Make it a point to drink a minimum of eight glasses each and every day.
- Go for milder soaps and gentler detergents for your clothes. Soaps as well as shampoos that have alcohol as an ingredient can strip the natural oils of your skin. You should replace these with a mild and gentle cleanser, preferably fragrance-free and free from sulfates, parabens, and dyes, such as the cleansers and other skincare products from SkinCeuticals. It will also help if you pair your cleanser with a good toner and moisturiser, especially those with lots of vitamins and other antioxidants.
- Always apply sunscreen, even if you are not going outdoors. Nothing works to protect the skin from the sun’s harmful rays better than the right sunscreen, and go for a sunscreen with an SPF of approximately 30 or more if you are spending some time walking around outside.
- One other thing that many of us forget to use is lip balm. Lip balm can help heal cracked, dry lips, which can also suffer from dehydration and a lack of moisture. When you look for a lip balm, choose one that has 30 SPF as well, as this can help decrease the look of ageing and prevent skin cancer.
- If the environment in your home or residence is a bit dry, make use of a humidifier. Humidifiers work to add more moisture to one’s indoor atmosphere.
Having properly moisturised skin can also help you avoid other problems such as age spots and acne, and when your skin is well-hydrated, the effects are definitely noticeable.