Organising a bedroom is easier said than done. It could be a tiresome task for most people. You know that It is very easy to accumulate things rather than find a place to store them. Inevitably, you end up tossing the things that cannot fit into your bedroom closets and drawers into the available space around the room. You may even repurpose some of the furniture you have in your bedroom or use a screen or divider to hide the clutter.
Easy bedroom organising tips
If you want to truly organise your bedroom, here are some tips to help you minimise clutter, create a more serene bedroom and maximise small spaces.
- Utilise the space under your bed. The space under the bed is often not utilised, but it is a great storage space since it is not visible but quite accessible. You can buy some rolling storage containers of the right height so that you can easily push them in and out of the space. You can store extra pillows, bed sheets, books and other items that are too bulky to store in the closets.
- Organise the bedroom in sections. It is easier to clean and organise your room if you divide it into sections. In this way, you can quickly discard the clutter area by area. Consider each closet, wardrobe, dresser drawers and armoires as one project, which will help you to first declutter and organise your storage spaces before tackling the rest of the room.
- Remove the clutter from closets. It is easy to forget your closet because most of the items are behind its doors. Your bedroom may look spotless, but your closet may be jammed with a variety of items. If you are taking too long to get ready in the morning or find it difficult to locate the item you need, it means that your closet needs decluttering or you need more storage space. If it is the latter, consider having a fitted wardrobe so that you can maximise space and have more room for your clothes, shoes, bags and other items.
- Use baskets for throw pillows. Extra pillows and throw pillows occupy more storage space due to their bulk. Instead of using more space in a closet, consider storing them in baskets. You keep them in one place neatly, and you can get them easily when you need them.
- Repurpose a nightstand. If you do not have space for a small dresser, a nightstand with several drawers can add more storage space for smaller items, such as underwear, socks, ties, scarves and other items. You can place the things that you want to be within easy reach on top of the nightstand.
- Have containers for dirty clothes and trash. Make it easier to keep trash from cluttering your dresser or nightstand by putting a small trash bin in your bedroom. Look for a small shallow bin that you can slide under a desk, dresser or nightstand. Likewise, keep your dirty clothes in a hamper. Put it near or next to the closet, so the clothes are in one place instead of on the floor of your bedroom.
With proper planning and being practical, you can organise your bedroom and keep it clutter-free all the time.