Affiliate marketing refers to acquiring referrals for a company and earning a commission for actions made by the customers. Bloggers can maximize the income of their websites by joining affiliate programs. It’s an excellent source of passive income since you simply need to write a post once featuring the link and you get a kickback for each sale or click.
If you’re planning to dive into the world of affiliate marketing, here are the most profitable niches you should check out:
1. Internet Marketing
Every business needs to have an active Internet marketing campaign to get more customers and increase their revenue. Companies such as email service providers or autoresponders, landing page builders, and those that offer web hosting services have affiliate programs that you can join. Plus, most of them provide recurring commissions each month.
These are some of the companies that offer affiliate programs:
- Autoresponders – Email addresses of customers are valuable in digital marketing. That’s why providers like Drip, ConvertKit, and Aweber take good care of their affiliates. Learn more about lead generation on https://www.journalreview.org/.
- Landing Page Builders – Companies such as LeadPages, BuilderAll, and Instapage allow users to create excellent landing pages for their websites. They typically offer 30% recurring commissions every month.
- Web Hosting – Many companies in this niche offer huge kickbacks for their affiliate partners. LiquidWeb, WPX Hosting, and Kinsta are some of the ones that have this marketing program.
- WordPress – WordPress is the content management system or CMS of choice today. It powers a majority of sites you see online. That’s why there’s an abundance of themes and plugins developed for it. You can join the affiliate programs of The Genesis Framework and Thrive Themes to earn up to 50% on upfront sales and 25% to 35% on recurring commissions.
2. Health and Wellness
More and more people are becoming health conscious, which is why this industry is a lucrative one for beginning affiliate marketers through sales commissions. It’s also a broad niche, so you get to choose a specific area you want to focus on such as health supplements and insurance. It’s worth noting that some products such as exercise equipment cost hundreds of dollars and, with just one sale, you get a substantial commission. Here’s an in-depth look at the opportunities for each section:
- Health Supplements – You can earn a commission from the sales of health supplements by promoting your affiliate link on your blog. When people buy through your website, the company pays you for each sale.
- Insurance – For insurance, the company pays you for referrals that you send to them. Others allow you to earn for each quote that you generate.
- Exercise Equipment – As mentioned above, you can earn a considerable amount from the sale of each gear or device. You also get access to the company’s product database and promotional banners.
You can capitalize on your hobby by selling your images on your site and through affiliate programs of stock image websites. You get commissions from referring fellow photographers to Shutterstock and Getty Images. Meanwhile, you also get paid everytime someone downloads a photo that you uploaded.
Here are the details for the affiliate program of each company:
- Shutterstock – The platform allows you to gain a 20% revenue share when those who click on your link purchase images, videos, or music. You’ll also get access to their tools such as the Affiliate Widget.
- Getty Images – With the company, you get a 10% to 20% kickback on existing and new customers, respectively, when you promote their site. The primary tool they offer is for API which allows you to access their operating system, application, and other services.
If you’re a person who’s passionate about going to different countries, whether you enjoy traveling solo or with a group, you can earn commissions by publishing a blog post containing the details of your trip such as the plane you rode, the route you took, and the hotel you stayed at. By sharing your experiences, you can get your readers to try out these companies by clicking on your affiliate link and booking with them.
The best affiliate programs for travel bloggers are:
- Booking.com – This popular website opens its affiliate program to bloggers and travel agencies. You can choose the accommodations you’ll be promoting and earn up to 40% on commissions.
- TripAdvisor – Another major brand in the industry, TripAdvisor affiliates can use the content on the company’s site to redirect readers to the original post through the tracking link. You can earn 50% commission and gain access to insider information on more than 500,000 cities and hotels.
- Skyscanner – With Skyscanner, you can incorporate their Travel Widget in your website to encourage your readers to take action. They will get redirected to their site and earn commissions on every flight they book then.
The wedding industry has a lot of sections where you can get substantial commissions. You can become an affiliate marketer for suppliers and wedding registries. You merely need to find a sub-niche that you’re passionate about, or at least interested in, and work hard into building your authority as a reliable source of wedding-related knowledge.
You can sign up on Amazon’s affiliate program to promote products that are ideal gifts for weddings. Another way is to partner with wedding suppliers such as printing professionals and event coordinators by sending them referrals. With this, you can receive kickbacks on clients who hire them for their services.
Becoming an affiliate marketer does not require considerable capital. You can start this type of business with just your website and writing savvy. You also don’t need to work hard to promote any product or service because you’ll be advertising something that has already established its functionality. Nonetheless, it’s crucial that you the companies that you trust so that you can ascertain your credibility to your readers.